Saturday, March 19, 2011

Blah, blah, better

This week started out with a fizzle and not a bang.  Last weekend I had a lot of fun with girlfriends and girl talk and then on Sunday I felt bummed.  Just the unexplainable blahs.  It continued on into Monday, as these things usually do.  I just kept having the urge to be somewhere different.  KD Lang's song "Anywhere but Here" was on a loop playing in my head.  Now, know everything at home was okay, everything at work was okay, I just can't explain it.  I think everyone gets like this sometimes.  After work on Monday I wanted to just drive; drive away to somewhere new.  Something exciting, some place different to experience for a while.  I felt stuck.  This feeling is not new to me.  I remember as a child (from a very young age) seeing airplanes fly overhead and wishing I were on that plane.  Who knew where they were going but, oh, how I wanted to be going with them.  I still do this.  What's so funny about this is the fact that I LOVE routine.  Sure, I can be spontaneous and throw caution to the wind, but for the most part I stick to a schedule, routine, regiment--whatever you'd like to call it.  I think this spurts of flying the nest is simply my mind's way of saying 'let loose and go!'.  No offense to my husband but this voice inside my head is also saying, "Go alone!".  I have never been the person that can't be alone.  I can.  I like myself and sometimes it's cool to just hang out with her for awhile.  I get reintroduced to myself, if that makes sense.  So, this week I was having the urge to flee (for just a bit) and leave my life (for just a bit).  The blahs had taken over and they were begging for a new change of scenery.  Luckily, they always pass and my desire to 'start anew' in Salt Lake City, Austin, or even Winnipeg fades.  It's nice having those thoughts because you get to daydream and imagine a new life, but then you realize more than likely it wouldn't be a better life.  It would just be a new point on the globe and your current point on the globe with all the 'home' is the better alternative.

3 comments:

  1. Having one on one time with yourself is not a bad thing. I love people and being around others but sometimes I just need "Lori time." I did twice this past week, I just drove like you did. I don't know there is something about just going like that, your mind stays busy and time seems to pass faster, I really don't have a care in the world when I go cruisn on my own. I have known people who can't spend alone time and have to have constant company. I am Ok with me time and I am glad you are too...we are just cool like that:) No really, if you ever want to go cruisn and then swing by here just stop by! I will see you when I get back..have a good week. LV u! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to be my cruisin' buddy, for sure. Love you, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those same thoughts now and then... I always romanticize places, even ones like Salt Lake City!!

    ReplyDelete