Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lots of talking--not a whole a lot to say.

Hmmm....what's been going on?  Nothing and lots.  There is nothing new (thank goodness!) to report on the health front.  I have been feeling pretty damn good lately.  I have loads of energy and even a kick in my step.  Literally, I kicked the cat today doing a hurkie to the oldie but goodie, 'Oh Mickey'!  Could it be that I have FINALLY hit a peak after 10 years?  Honestly though, I have never really ever felt that bad.  Sure, I felt like dog poo for the first 2 years after transplant but the rest have been pretty good to me.  I like to think it has a lot to do with being an optimist.  That is just my theory--feel free to dispute it.  Of course, another reason why I may feel so good is because of the winter weight I have put on.  Yes, about 8 pounds of flesh that came on so fast I didn't even feel it.  Trying to get your butt off the ground while during a hurkie is when you feel it!  It's been good, though because so far (knocking on wood) I have only had one little sinus flare up.  I think my body is happy with me.  I am thankful for it's cooperation, too.  I have been working a lot lately and usually with extra work I find myself exhausted and, yes, sick.  I'm going to try and keep doing whatever I am doing.  What else?  What else?  I think I mentioned I turned 34.  Wow, 34.  I find myself saying, "At least I don't look 34."  What kind of stupidity is that?  Is 34 supposed to be old?  It is not and, frankly, I kind of wish I did look 34.  I'm very happy (and lucky) to be at this number.  I've been watching Sex and the City (those ladies look great for their age!) nonstop now that there are once again repeats on the air.  This has to be my favorite show of all time; next to 'Roseanne'.  I waste the night away watching episode after episode.  I sit there informing my husband about what is going on and what is going to happen next.  He just cannot understand how I can watch the same thing over and over again.  This from a guy who once watched 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy throughout an entire weekend.  Yes, over and over.  I won't even go into how many times he's seen Star Wars.  However, Star Wars doesn't really count.  Who doesn't want re-watch those masterpieces?  Well, maybe Jar Jar Binks was a mistake.  What else?  I checked out Nigella Kitchen from the library.  I love her!  Nigella Lawson is the epitome of a lady.  Her recipes are delicious, she's gorgeous, British, and so very casually proper.  Oh, and after each episode of 'Nigella Eats' she sneaks back into the kitchen at night to devour something she made for dinner.  Wow, a girl after my own heart.  I usually take her recipe books and devour them like great novels.  I want so much to be an easy-breezy cook like her.  I did decide to compile this week's menu full of new recipes.  Tonight was Tandoori chicken with curried carrots.  It was okay; not outstanding.  Tomorrow is Speedy Matzo Ball soup!  Let's hope that is a little tastier.  The week is filled with orzo, shrimp, carbonara, tilapia, artichokes, black beans---you get the picture.  Very ambitious but I am determined to do it.  Like I've said it other blog posts, cooking has been a hobby for me.  Finally, I can chop and not cut a finger because I am rushing to get it over with!  Hmmm..anything else?  Oh, I'm growing my hair out.  Yep, this blog title is very appropriate.  I did a lot of rambling and I didn't say a whole lot.  Oh well.  I enjoyed listening to myself talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment