Tuesday, February 1, 2011

You don't have a fractured rib, but...

Last Friday I finally decided to ask for an x-ray of my chest after falling off of the bed two weeks ago.  See previous blog posts.  I knew all along it was just muscular because every time I worked out at the gym and stretched it didn't hurt, but I thought; better safe than sorry.  So, I got the call today from my lung transplant coordinator that indeed I didn't have any breaks or fractures but they the radiologist saw a small nodule in my right lung.  What?!  I was assured that they see this all of the time and it's most likely a pocket of some kind of fungal or bacterial infection.  Of course, being the freak that I am I immediately thought, C-A-N-C-E-R!  Then my thoughts went to "Calm down!".  My coordinator said I need a CT scan to check it out.  That's being scheduled sometime this week.  This is a new thing for me and I must admit that I went online and checked it all out.  Of course, that never helps because it's such a slippery slope.  You going from typing pulmonary nodule to, "OH MY GOD, I have that! And, it's fatal if not treated in 2 months, and it's a painful death.  OH DEAR LORD!".  So, I stopped put down my laptop and took a deep breath.  I'm over it now.  It is what it is and until I know more there is no use worrying.  I just have to remind myself as I go along day after day and all is good and all is fine that I still do have a chronic illness and a set of donated lungs.  This was a reminder.  Not the news I would have liked to end my day with but it's my life.  I will post about the CT scan and the results but until then I have a dishwasher full of dishes to unload because that's my life right now, too. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh Mr. Google. Friend or foe? One can only wonder sometimes. Knowlege is afterall, powerful. And powerful...well that can just be downright scary.

    Best of luck to you, friend. May dirty dishes keep you busy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you PP. Yes, Mr. Google does come with a lot of knowledge. He was definitely a foe last night.

    ReplyDelete